Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I don't think you're ready for this jelly...

All Destiny's Child lyrics aside, here's the next finish: a jelly! I present Milani Rad Purple.


But, it says neon! What does that mean??? Am I lying to you? Nope. One of the first rules of polishology (and life, I would presume) is don't judge a polish by its bottle. After I bought this polish, I learned my lesson. I make sure to check the blogs to see swatches, as they're called, before I purchase anything. You just don't know what you're getting, sometimes. This is not neon, and not even really purple.


More of a plum, really, and not neon at all. But see the nice "squishy" texture? That's what a jelly is all about. It's a close cousin to the creme, but more see-through, kind of wet looking. Please excuse my poor index finger; it had a problem involving a wall and some swearing. I'm not really very coordinated. This is what the color looks like most of the time. See? Nothing like bottle color. *Humph*.


And I shall call him squishy, and he shall be mine, and he shall be my squishy. NOTHING LIKE BOTTLE COLOR. NOT NEON. *Humph*.


In this picture, you can kind of see the slight streakiness I had going on. It's a result of the bright light, and it looked fine to the naked eye. This was 3 coats of Milani Rad Purple, with base coat and top coat.

How much was it? This was a present from the BF (thank you dear) purchased at a Walgreens. Generally Milani brand polishes go for $3.99, the Neons collection is apparently special, so they are $4.99 each. Based on how disappointed I was that it didn't look like the color on the bottle, that's a rip-off. But, this is a pretty magenta/plum/dark purply jelly, just not what I thought I was getting into.

Have you had this happen to you? Were you as peeved as I was?

No comments:

Post a Comment