Tuesday, May 31, 2011

La creme de la creme

I thought I might educate the nail polish un-initiated by doing a sort of primer on the various polish finishes. If you ever read polish blogs, or even polish companies' descriptions of their polishes, they throw around terms like shimmer, glitter, foil, metallic...how do you tell what's what? Well, here's your intro to some of the terminology of polish-world. We're going to start off very simply:

Here's a creme. It's not a cream, but a creme, and I don't know why. But this is your standard, creamy finish that most people probably associate with polish. Nothing sparkly or shimmery or fancy whatsoever, just creamy color.
This is CND Smoochie, a raspberry-ish shade I received as a gift. 2 coats of this was buttery and easy to apply- I love the CND polishes I have.

I had originally posted 3 different shots with three different light sources, which showed slightly different pinks. Unfortunately, in the switch from Wordpress to Blogger, I forgot to bring along my pics before I deleted the WP....d'oh. I've still got one. Anyway, in future posts, I will either show all the light sources I've got, or the one that is the most accurate to how the polish looks most of the time. I'm sure you've noticed that colors look different in varying amounts of light, so this shouldn't be too confusing...I think...

Finally, since this is polish4pennies...how much was it? This was a birthday present from BF's mommy (thank you BF's mommy!) so all it cost me was another year. CND polishes are sold in various salons and beauty supply stores across the country, and will run you about $8.50 a pop. The cheapest reputable source I can find online is www.transdesign.com , where they are $4.50 or $5.50 each. Still much too expensive for my budget, so I'm thankful for gifts!

I'm sure you have a creme or two, how do you like them?

No comments:

Post a Comment