Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Welcome to my slice of the internets!

Greetings, reader!
After 3 years of admiring other blogs and slowly learning tips and tricks for caring for my little polished nubs, I decided it was time to start my own blog centered around nail polish.
A bit about me: I am a 22 year old college grad, just beginning my epic journey into graduate school in pursuit of my Ph.D in Pathobiology( I might be sneaky and post about science too). As a result of all the time I spend in lab and my fear knowledge of the world of microbes, I have short nails. I find they don't get as much love on the nail blogs, so I'm doing my part. Also as a result of the whole grad school thing, I'm on a bit of a budget. I can proudly attest to the fact that I have never paid more than $4.00 for a polish (more on that later). My BF and I live together in a little town in CT, close to where we are both studying at UConn -Husky Pride!! He is pursuing his Ph.D  in Organic Chemistry, so I may feature some posts by him about the chemical nature of nail polish (and why you shouldn't be TOO afraid if your polish isn't free of the Big 3 chemicals). In my spare time (HAH!) I enjoy Netflixing (totally a verb) -especially sci-fi and quirky independent movies, as well as embroidery and cross-stitch, reading, and attempting to keep up with Jillian Michaels on her ridiculous fitness DVDs. (Also, I love parentheses).
As time goes on, I hope to set up a schedule of sorts, but until I can get my photos sorted out and learn how to use this fancy Blogger thing, I'll update you.
Thanks for stopping by!
~Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment