Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Eew. Blue raspberry FAIL.

I was up for something summery, so I tried the blue Laffy Taffy polish from my Five Below haul. In a word: gross.
See the streaks and bald spots? And would you believe this is after 4 coats?! Blech. I didn't even waste the topcoat on this. It definitely did not smell like blue raspberry, either- maybe a rotting cotton candy? Just not right.
On the bright side, I can donate this to next year's Zoya Earth Day polish exchange. A few words on that:
You send in your old, dried up, lumpy, streaky, and disgusting polish to be safely recycled by Zoya, and they send you an equivalent number of their polishes at half price! (Details from this year's exchange here.) At some point I can do a post on the polishes I received from them- I still haven't tried them all yet! 

Lesson of the day: don't be sucked in by packaging :(.

1 comment:

  1. hmm yeah that isnt very blue raspberry-ish. disappointing that it didnt smell like it either. i hope the other ones from that set are better

    ReplyDelete