Thursday, June 2, 2011

Two for one- it's not easy being green.

The latest installment in polish finishes comes to you straight out of 2009. This season's hyped-up polish finish is the crackle- in 2009, it was the matte. One of my favorite brands, Zoya, released a winter collection called Matte Velvet (available here). The matte finish was not something I was really into- I like my polish shiny. But, I couldn't pass up a deal from Zoya- buy 3 of their polishes, and receive their 6 green polishes for free-since this was in 2009, they now have more than 6 green polishes, but at the time they were one of the few brands to come out with "oddball" colors like green and grey. The 3 polishes were $7.00 each, plus $6.95 shipping, for a total of $27.95. Divided by 9 polishes, this comes out to a grand total of $3.11 per polish. Not bad, not bad!

Here is one of my "free" greens, Zoya Veruschka:
 Isn't the frosted bottle pretty? The mattes also have a rubberized cap, which makes handling them easier but as you can see, unfortunately, attracts dust.

And, here is the matte finish. It does look a bit like velvet- smooth yet textured. But it's not shiny! I felt kind of like my nails were covered in moss, so this picture is without cleanup, since I knew I'd be slapping some shiny topcoat on it.
Oooh. Much better. See how it has small glittery flecks in it and almost seems to shimmer? Well, shocker, this would be a shimmer finish. Look at that, two for one! And, my little nubbed index finger is almost grown out to the point where I can file it. Yay!

How do you feel about the matte finish? Do you like the traditional finish better, like I do?

2 comments:

  1. i generally like shiny, metallic-y, pearlescent (possible made up word) finishes, but the matte isnt bad and i really like that shade of green, that actually the shade that i just chose as the color of my stethoscope! lol ...and yes, the frosted bottle is purty. i like it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol pearlescent is definitely a word in nail polish land. What a great shade for your stethoscope!

    ReplyDelete