Friday, June 3, 2011

Five Below haul!

We interrupt the polish finish primer to show you the results of a shopping trip!

For those of you who haven't heard of the store Five Below, I like to call it the Target of dollar stores. Everything sells for $5 or less. Some of it is most definitely bottom-of-the-barrel stuff ( i.e. crap...) but if you sort through it you can find some great deals and fun little gifts. My favorite section is (DUH) the "nail" section, where files and pumice stones meet gift sets and Funky Fingers nail polishes. Depending on the season/current availability, some Maybelline, Wet'n'Wild, and other mystery brands I haven't heard of or tried can be there too. On a recent trip, I had a little mini 'haul', as nail polish junkies call it.

I may or may not have done a little happy dance in the store- it's Laffy Taffy! They're scented! Aaaah! ( I borrowed this image from here since mine were stupidly deleted in the blog changeover).

Colors (scents?) include strawberry, watermelon, grape, banana, cherry, and blue raspberry.
While these are small (0.25 oz compared to the average 0.5 oz bottle of OPI) , I couldn't pass up the novelty for $5.  In future posts I'll test these out and see if they really do smell like sweet sugary goodness.

Next, I picked up these four:

wet n wild The Gold and the Beautiful - $1.99
Funky Fingers Snakeskin- $2.00
Funky Fingers Dark Knight- $1.00
Mood Struck Teal to Turquoise- $3.00
Price per polish = $2.00

Even though I have 150 polishes (shh...don't tell my mom), I only have one gold and it's much cooler toned than TGatB. Snakeskin just looked cool. I'm always on the lookout for new black polishes, since they're nice to use for layering sparkly polishes on top of, so for a dollar I figured I'd try Dark Knight...and it has a Batman reference. Obviously I'd buy it. And the Mood Struck is my first mood polish! (meaning the polish changes color under different temperatures). Not a bad haul for $13 total, right?

What would you like to see first?

2 comments:

  1. haha good job getting all that nail polish for just $13. i would like to see the snakeskin one, it looks very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thank you! And Snakeskin shall be my next manicure.

    ReplyDelete